Disputes can be naturally distressing. However, it doesn’t have to stay that way. Our litigation and dispute resolution team is experienced in litigation in all Courts of Western Australia, the Federal Court of Australia and the State Administrative Tribunal. We approach all clients’ disputes having regard to their commercial objectives and with the aim of achieving the best and most cost-effective dispute resolution outcome.
Whether a dispute is to be resolved through formal litigation, arbitration, mediation or negotiation we bring to bear our litigation and commercial law experience early on to identify key legal and commercial issues, assess the strength of our clients’ position and recommend a strategy and preferred method of dispute resolution.
Examples of our experience include:
- acting for plaintiffs in a claim for misleading or deceptive conduct in the District Court of Western Australia;
- acting for a defendant in a debt recovery claim in the Supreme Court of Western Australia;
- acting for a recipient of subpoenas issued in a matter in the Federal Court of Australia;
- acting for a defendant in a commercial lease dispute in the District Court of Western Australia;
- acting for an applicant in a dispute under the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreements Act 1985 (WA) in the State Administrative Tribunal;
- acting for a mortgagee in possession in making a claim for moneys owed in the Supreme Court of Western Australia.